Thursday, April 10, 2008

{Remembering Grandma}



Two years ago today Grandma Hunter passed away. It was a sad day for our family (immediate and extended) as we all felt the immediate loss of an incredible lady. There are several things I learned from Grandma Hunter while I was growing up and thought I would make a list of just some of the many things I learned from her - whether by teaching outright or by example:

* A bit of butter per bite of corn on the cob is a good thing.
* Short hair is better (although I have long hair and have no plans to cut it).
* Belly laughs let others know you found something really amusing.
* Staying up until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning to finish a good book only makes the book better.
* Winning a game isn't as fun as helping your opponents.
* Crossword puzzles are fun.
* Cookie jars should always be filled with cookies.
* You are never to old to learn something new.
* You are only as old as you feel.
* The Schwan's man is your friend.
* Extraction work is very satisfying.
* Being stubborn can sometimes be a good thing.
* Testimonies are for sharing what you know is true, not what you are thankful for.
* Serving others is very fulfilling.
* When prompted to do an act of service, do it quickly so the Lord will be willing to rely on you the next time He needs some service done.

No comments: