Thursday, October 4, 2007

Ready for Halloween

We are so ready for Halloween in this house. It seems like stores have been selling Halloween things really early this year. Anja gets so excited when she walks into a store selling Halloween things. It is so fun to watch her. This past weekend we put up our Halloween village. She loves climbing up on a stool to look at it an "help" turn it on. Yesterday after ballet class, we went to the costume store to get her Halloween costume. This year she is going to be a witch. While we were in Disneyland, she had told me she wanted to be Sleeping Beauty. I was so tempted to buy the dress for her there, but a little voice reminded me that Halloween was still several months away. Luckily I listened to that voice, because shortly after coming home she decided she wanted to be a witch. The costume is so cute. She looks adorable in it. She has worn it several times already. She can not wait to go trick-or-treating this year. I am so excited that Denver will be here for Halloween. I think he is really excited as well.

So the other night I was getting out our Halloween decorations. Anja found all the Halloween towels I had. She decided she was going to make a dress out of them. She found black electrical tape and the scissors. She had me tape the towels around her to make a dress. Now whenever I try to hang the towels up, she says to me, "Sorry Mommy, but these are for my dress." She immediately takes them down and puts them on her rocking chair for later. Maybe now that she has her witch costume I can hang them back up.



No comments: