For the past several years, Ballet West's production of The Nutcracker has been a part of our Christmas Traditions. We always love watching it. This year we decided to try their one night production of their "Nutty Nutcracker." None of us knew what to expect. Apparently there is a slightly different theme each year. This year it was a salute to reality TV. There were many shows represented that I have never watched - Honey Boo Boo, for example. Although the show was funny at times, most of the actual dancing was lost. Anja loved it. (Christian had come down with the stomach flu the day before and stayed home with Andrew and a babysitter.) Denver and I did not love it. We both appreciate the talent in the dancing. One bright note was Duck Dynasty showing up in place of the Russian Dancers. There were still several fun elements of the actual dance that I always look forward to. We will be seeing the regular performance next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment