Monday, January 31, 2011

2010 Book List





1. Out of Line: Growing Up Soviet by Tina Grimberg *
2. Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
3. Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran *
4. Beauty Sleep: A Retelling of Sleeping Beauty by Cameron Dokey
5. How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell
6. The Pleasure Palace (Secrets of the Tudor Court #1) by Kate Emerson
7. Ladder of Years by Anne Tyler
8. Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik
9. The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum *
10. The Magician's Nephew by CS Lewis
11. The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran *
12. Nefertiti by Michelle Moran *
13. Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry
14. Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez
15. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
16. Zeitoun by Dave Eggers *
17. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay *
18. Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani *
19. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

This list was shorter than last year.  I think quilting took a lot of my spare time that is usually spent on reading.  I put stars by the ones I really enjoyed.  I would NEVER recommend Ladder of Years to anyone.  It was such a pointless book.  (Same author who wrote The Accidental Tourist.)

Are there any recommendations for books to read this year?  I just finished a book about an American woman who survived almost 10 years in the Russian Gulag and loved it.  I am thinking about reading the history of the Gulag....any other suggestions?


No comments: